One of the best parts about a budding industry like the marijuana industry is the personalities that emerge, including Jim McAlpine, founder of The 420 Games and Power Plant Fitness. He graces our cover after working with San Francisco-based photographer Mark Rutherford. We hope you enjoy reading about McAlpine’s efforts to help educate the world that marijuana isn’t just for lazy couch-locked stoners, but that people use it to live more productive, healthy, and pain-free lives. The world is waking up to this, and people like McAlpine are helping to spread the message.
This issue also includes stories on:
- Tweed’s Artist in Residence: Ezra Soiferman
- Carla Baumgartner, owner of Ganjarunner Dispensary in LA
- Cannabis as an Allergen: Can You Be Allergic to Cannabis?
- Interview: Cannabis Overcomes Opioid Addiction
- Marijuana and Night Vision
- What to do with Your Leftover Trim Materials
- New Grow Lighting Standards for Commercial Growers
- The Legacy of the Hippie Trail
- Understanding Modern Hybrids vs. Landrace Strains
- How Will New Grow Lighting Standards Affect the Industry?
- Recipe: Cannabis-infused Jalapeño Poppers
- Strain Review on Auto Brooklyn Sunrise from Dutch Passion